Research biologist, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian
Visiting Scholar, Department of Human Evolution, Harvard University,
Contract writer and photographer, the National Geographic magazine.
Whenever something excites you, find a way to turn it into a great story!
People are more motivated to save nature by “messages that strike their positive emotions.”
The thing that one misses most from growing up is the experience of discovery. As a child, everything is new—all the time. I think people run out of steam for life because they lose this.
* Mark Moffett's personal web site
* Doctor Bugs (an interview)
* The Social Secret That Humans Share With Ants
* Op-Ed: Are we really so different from other species?
* The Human Swarm (book)
* Before the Swam (an article)